||The Sidemen Yearbook
The Sidemen (also known as SDMN, formerly The Ultimate Sidemen), created on 19 October 2013, are a British YouTube group made up of Zerkaa (Josh Bradley), Miniminter (Simon Minter), TBJZL (Tobi Brown), KSI (Olajide "JJ" Olatunji), Behzinga (Ethan Payne), Vikkstar123 (Vikram Barn) and W2S (Harry Lewis).
They are a group of friends known for playing video games together online and have created a commercial brand from their name; making them the biggest YouTube group in the UK.
Since January 2018, they have uploaded weekly videos to their group channel under the banner of "Sidemen Sunday".
They also have a second channel called MoreSidemen, which was originally used for compilations, but instead is now used to upload multiple videos a week with a video always on a Saturday under the banner of "Sidemen Saturdays".
They would eventually make a third channel called SidemenReacts, which is used to upload daily reaction videos and normally features between 3-4 members each video (with some exceptions).
In March 2021, the group created a fourth channel known as SidemenShorts.
- Main article: The Sidemen Yearbook
In 2005 (aged 12–13), Simon became friends with JJ and would help him record videos. The two eventually ended up connecting with Zerkaa in 2012, who was already long-term friends with TBJZL from secondary school. On Josh's 21st birthday in September 2013, the four were all in a voice hangout and started watching a stream from Behzinga, whom they then invited to the group. This initial group was nicknamed - by Simon - as "The Original Five". Ethan coined the official name of the group, which is an allusion to a term to refer to those who are "behind the scenes" in a group and are much less noticed than the main people. Originally, Simon was a "sideman" to JJ and Tobi was a "sideman" to Josh.
They started recording and playing GTA together, and then invited Vikkstar123 into a call to help with technical support. He fit the group despite not being as invested in FIFA/football as the others, but joined anyway as it was an informal group at the time. The Ultimate Sidemen - minus wroetoshaw - officially formed on 19 October 2013. A few months later, in early 2014, they asked Harry to record with them and he too fit in and eventually became integrated.
The Sidemen released a video on their second channel explaining in detail how each member was added into the group and how the group was officially formed.
In addition to these seven, British rapper JME is considered an official/unofficial member of the Sidemen, since he allegedly played a key part in the group's formation.
In August 2017, KSI "left" the group (he claimed it was "because of Ethan", triggering events known as the "Sidemen War/Beef") which in turn prompted a series of diss tracks and online spats. The majority of the "beef" was fabricated - as JJ and Ethan are still friends - and was deemed by some as a ploy to gain more views/attention. In reality, JJ never actually left the group and the seven are still together as of now.
In 2018, the Sidemen launched a web television series for YouTube Originals called The Sidemen Show. It premiered in June 2018 to positive reviews and reactions. However, they have downplayed speculation for a second series as it would supposedly be very expensive.
The Sidemen have a diverse fan base. As shown in vlogs made by individual Sidemen members, the majority of the fans that show up to events are young teenage males. However, their fans range from all different ages and a large proportion of them are female.
The members of the group are:
- Zerkaa (2013—present)
- Miniminter (2013—present)
- TBJZL (2013—present)
- KSI (2013—present)
- Behzinga (2013—present)
- Vikkstar123 (2013—present)
- Wroetoshaw (2014—present)
As their popularity began to grow, the Sidemen began to branch out and started hosting their own events. Appearances at commercial gaming events such as Insomnia, as well as unofficial meet-ups are not counted as there are too many of them:
- 2016 Charity Football Match (June 2016)
- Release of Sidemen: The Book (October 2016)
- Upload Event #1 (November 2016)
- 2017 Charity Football Match (May 2017)
- Sidemen War/Beef (August 2017)
- Upload Event #2 (September 2017)
- KSI/Joe Weller Boxing Match (February 2018)
- 2018 Charity Football Match (June 2018)
- Release of The Sidemen Show (June 2018)
- KSI/Logan Paul Boxing Match (August 2018)
- KSI/Logan Paul Boxing Rematch (November 2019)
This is an overview of where each of the Sidemen lives, or have lived in together. Prior to moving into the locations below, most of the members lived with their parents/family except Zerkaa who had a flat:
|First Sidemen House
(February 2014 – May 2016)
|Second Sidemen House|
(May 2016 – March 2019)
|Stratford Halo Tower
(September 2014 – present)
A list of the current and former cars owned by each of the Sidemen. Some of this information may be outdated and therefore incorrect. Additionally, if you can find out some of the blank dates, feel free to fill the gaps in if you have a good source (or leave it in the comments below):
- SMART Fortwo (2010—Unknown)
- Audi TT (Unknown—Unknown)
- Audi R8 (December 2016—May 2019)
- Tesla Model X P100D (November 2017—April 2019)
- Range Rover Evoque (Unknown-November 2017)
- Ford Fiesta (Unknown)
- Piaggio Vespa (January 2021 - present)
- Audi A3 (January 2015—present)
- Range Rover Evoque (Unknown - present)
- Unidentified Lamborghini Model (Unknown-present) 
- Lamborghini Aventador (October 2014—September 2017)
- Porsche Cayenne (March 2016 - Present)
- Porsche Boxster (Unknown - October 2014)
- Nissan GT-R R35 (June 2017—present)
- Mercedes A Class (Unknown - September 2016)
- Tesla Model S P90D (October 2016—present)
- Aston Martin V8 Vantage (May 2015—present)
- Volkswagen Scirocco (May 2013—present)
- Lamborghini Gallardo 50th Anniversary Edition (June 2015—August 2017)
- Range Rover Evoque (September 2014—present)
- Audi A5 (Unknown—present)
Supported Football Clubs
|Miniminter||Leeds United F.C.|
|Behzinga||West Ham United|
|Vikkstar123||Sheffield United F.C.|
All of the Sidemen are fans of association football and FIFA, specifically pro clubs, is one of the main games that is commonly featured on the MoreSidemen channel. Each member of the group used to have at least two YouTube channels; one for FIFA and "real life" videos and one for other games such as Grand Theft Auto V and Call of Duty. Vikkstar123 was an exception; his main channel was not FIFA-focused and his second channel was Minecraft-focused. Now, however, they rarely use their main channels to play these games, instead playing on their second channels or on the MoreSidemen channel as a group.
This is a list of video games played by the Sidemen since the group began in 2013.
- This list is potentially endless. You can help out by adding any video games we may have missed. Please make sure they are genuine and you have sourced them reliably.
- A game that gains a position on this list must have had AT LEAST two Sidemen playing together (i.e. a video game that Miniminter has played on his own would not count towards this list).
A list of phrases often affiliated with the Sidemen. Many of the following catchphrases were popular in 2014–2015, so may be slightly outdated:
- "Got the Boost, Boys!" : this catchphrase was usually stated (typically in a high-pitch tone) by any of the seven Sidemen who achieved the boosted launch at the start of a race in Grand Theft Auto V. This catchphrase was started by Behzinga.
- "Oh my Days!" : originally exclaimed by wroetoshaw whenever he failed at FIFA, this phrase has since been adopted by the other Sidemen if they make a mistake in a game or if something negative happens to them.
- "You're a Prick!" : the derogatory word "prick" is heavily emphasised whenever one of the Sidemen uses this insult. It is usually aimed at each other, particularly at Vikkstar123 when he was "stabilising" in Grand Theft Auto V, this catchphrase was started by Behzinga and Zerkaa.
- "Sweg" : the mispronunciation of the word "swag" was a common trait amongst the Sidemen. They used it to refer to the slipstream in GTAV, claiming to "get each others' sweg lines".
- "The Power of Emon " : this phrase was said simultaneously by Miniminter and Behzinga whenever they performed something exciting together in a GTA race. It was a reference to the fictional sexual relationship between the pair. It was usually sung to the tune of The Power Of Love.
- "Elmetboy Origins" : usually said by Vik (who leaves the "H" silent) when he got out of a hard situation in 'Grand Theft Auto V, or if he didn't die from another Sideman's action.
- "That/this is so AIDS" : this controversial remark has lessened in usage over the past few years, but is still said to describe anything negative that happens to the Sidemen in numerous games that they play. Many fans/followers however suggested that the phrase is in bad taste because, obviously, AIDS is a life-threatening virus. This is thought to be the reason for them cutting down on its usage. These were commonly used by Zerkaa or Wroetoshaw.
- "Spawn AIDS" : a related phrase (also occasionally shortened to "Spaids"), which was said when a Sideman respawned in their GTA vehicle only to immediately fall again repeatedly due to glitches related to the checkpoint they're on, causing him to go into a seemingly infinite loop of respawning.
- "Oooooh, f**k/suck ya mum" : when Josh is struggling in a game, such as GTA V or Golf It, he used this phrase to express his anger.
- "Have a Shot Mate!" : this phrase is most often used by Josh in his FIFA videos. Because of this video, the other Sidemen occasionally teased Josh about his constant use of this phrase.
- "I CBA/CBF!" : when Harry is pissed off in his FIFA videos, he usually says "I CBA anymore." CBA stands for "can't be arsed." When he got to be even more frustrated, he would say "I CBF..." which stands for "I can't be f**ked."
- "Nooo, bastard!" : usually used by Josh when something doesn't go his way while playing a game, for example, missing a shot in Golf It.
- "Have a ping!" : usually used by Harry in FIFA videos on the MoreSidemen channel when someone is remotely close to the goal.
- "Allow it" : very commonly used by all members when they want something to be passed over or left alone.
- "KSI is a fatneek" : created by wroetoshaw in the COUNTDOWN: SIDEMEN EDITION video and commonly used as an insult on KSI's reddit.
- "Bog/Boggo" : created by Joe Weller. The word is used as a nickname for Harry, mostly by Behzinga and some of the other members.
- Simon runs and maintains the "MoreSidemen" channel.
- XIX, which represents the number 19, stands for the day the sidemen were formed (19/10/2013).
- Their club on FIFA is also named XIX.
- The group, mainly those that lived in the Sidemen House, would record game play throughout the night and spent up to 14 hours a day sat at their desks. This resulted in abnormal sleep patterns/schedules. Vik revealed that, in order to sustain his near-constant upload schedule on YouTube, he went to sleep at around 11:00 am and woke up at 6:00 pm. This was seen a lot, especially when streaming with friends overseas.
- The Sidemen regularly film at Simon and JJ's shared apartment, which has been used to film both main and second channel videos since January 2019.
- Sidemen (YouTube group) on Wikipedia
- Sidemen on Wikitubia
- UltimateSidemen.com, an unaffiliated portal fansite
- Sidemen on TV Tropes
- Sidemen CuriousCat a website that was used for fans to send in assumptions of the Sidemen.
|THE SIDEMEN WIKI NAVIGATION|
|ONLINE ASSOCIATES (ALPHABETICAL ORDER)|
AnEsonGib | Calfreezy | Callux | ChrisMD | Chunkz | Deji | Eboys | Freya | ImAllexx | JME | JMX | Joe Weller | Jordz | Konstantin | Manny | Memeulous | Mo Syed | Niko Omilana | RackaRacka | Randolph | Rosie Lewis | S-X | Saoirse | Stephen Tries | Talia Mar | TGFbro | TheBurntChip | True Geordie | WillNE